Travelling by air can be a sensational, but very costly activity. You get to visit new worlds and expand your horizons, but even before you board the airplane, your hip pocket would have likely taken a large hit. This article presents many tips to help solve this problem, and will help you get low price airline tickets.
- Book early. If possible, try to book about a month in advance. The number of days before departure highly influence the price of an airfare. The longer away the date of departure is, the cheaper the ticket. One disadvantage is that the earlier you book, the higher the risk of you being unable to take the flight. However, this risk is balanced by the fact that you will get a lower price for your airline ticket.
- Book on the internet. Most people have access to the internet nowadays, and airlines have taken advantage of this fact by allowing their customers to book their tickets online. All this requires is filling out the necessary details of your flight. You will also find more information about the airline, especially if they have any special promotions that you can take advantage of.
- Book empty seats in the last minute. This needs a bit of work, but it can be very exciting. Looking at a lot of travel and airline websites is the key here. Last minute deals can be detected by searching for ‘special discounts’. Airlines will usually give low price airline tickets for empty seats in the last minute to cover the expenses of a flight; every empty seat is an expense to them, and they will be hoping to fill them up.
- Take advantage of last minute cancellations. You can easily look for ‘last minute cancellations’ to find online companies that specialize in selling holidays that have been cancelled in the last minute. While travel operators still keep a portion of the payment after the cancellation, a cancellation is a loss that they would like to recoup. Hence, they will sell the package marked down to fill the vacancy.
- Use travel consolidators. Travel consolidators buy airline tickets in bulk and sell them at discounts. Travel consolidators buy the airline tickets at a wholesale price, but choose not to mark them up as high as airlines. This means a possible saving for you.
- Acquire packages. Make use of packages that include everything, from the accommodation to the travel arrangements. The cost of a package is normally lower than obtaining the things separately. Not only is it saving you money, but also more convenient.
- Use split ticketing. If possible, purchase two one-way tickets instead of a return ticket. Two one-way tickets are not necessarily more expensive than a return ticket. Sometimes it may be less pricey, especially if the currency at your destination is cheaper. You may also use another airline, and exploit special deals that only apply to one-way tickets.
- Book in groups. Not only will you have company, but you will also enjoy cheaper tickets and packages. An airline may be motivated to offer you less expensive tickets for obtaining more than one ticket at a time. cheap airline tickets